A whimsical look at life growing up in the small town of Waldron, Arkansas in the 1960s and 1970s, plus occasional observations from the present. Want to start at the very beginning? Click HERE.





Wednesday, February 23, 2011

An Award from Suldog

Growing Up In Waldron has been recognized by one of Blogspot's premier bloggers, Suldog, with a little award.  Suldog has passed along the Versatile Blogger Award in a manner that only Suldog could do, somewhat akin to scraping something off your shoe when you've been outside where the dogs play.  You can visit Suldog's blog here.

Along with the award comes a strict set of rules.  The recipient must, first of all, thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.  And, in true Suldog fashion, the thanks should be tinged with a bit of sarcasm and bite.  So, thank you again Suldog, and please allow me to show my readers a picture of you, along with a small observation:



As you can see, Sully looks a little like Opie Taylor, if Opie had lived a life of similar debauchery and hedonism.  In fairness, this picture of Suldog was taken before the extensive dental work that transformed him into the blogger idol that he is today.

Secondly, the recipient must state seven things about yourself.  So,

1.  I haven't thrown up since 1977.
2.  I may have once felt a tear roll down my cheek while watching Army Wives.
3.  I once worked on a garbage truck.
4.  I've always been a big fan of The Bee Gees.
5.  I cannot swim.
6.  I have a wonderful wife who tolerates my attempts at humor.
7.  I am a twin.

Next rule:  Pass the award along to other newly discovered bloggers.  Easy.  You will enjoy reading what these folks have to say:

Eggs In My Pocket, A Needle In My Hand

It's A Small Town Life

Cow Patty Surprise

A Boy From Down East - Growing Up In Aurora NC

sixtyfivewhatnow

And, the last rule is to let these folks know that they've been selected.  So, that's how the Versatile Blogger Award works.  Pass it on.

4 comments:

  1. Oh fan me now, you've got this Ozark Farm Chick blushin'!!! Thank you so much for the great shout out, I sure do appreciate it. Although I am an award free blog I sure do enjoy seein' my name in lights!!! :o)

    God bless and have a fantastic day ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have captured the true spirit of... something. Whatever it is, I thank you for thanking me. Take the rest of the day off and see a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, and thank you for selecting me, however, I am an award and tag free blog. I am so glad you stopped by to say hello on my blog, because I did not know until then, about this wonderful blog of yours. I really enjoy reading about life back in the 60's. I will stop by again! blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete