A whimsical look at life growing up in the small town of Waldron, Arkansas in the 1960s and 1970s, plus occasional observations from the present. Want to start at the very beginning? Click HERE.





Thursday, February 14, 2013

Weekend Special: Be My Valentine

This is a Valentines Day card that I made in 1965, when I was in third grade.  It's an intricate little piece of art, with a paper band around the outside featuring a triple layered heart (one of the most difficult kind of hearts to construct) discretely stapled to the band.  Inside, the verse...
You may marvel justifiably at the penmanship.  I'm sure that the poem itself is not original, at least I recall no other instances when I included the word "twas" in my vocabulary...

 And, it only took me 40 years to find the one I was supposed to give it to.  But that, as they say, is a story for another day...
With love to all,

Bill

2 comments:

  1. Aww-w-w-w.... That is so sweet!! Never knew you were such a romantic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I believe that there is someone in this world for everyone, some find them quickly, some take their time and find them along life's journey. So happy thay you found the one for you! Blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete